enable pop3 for gmail from python

Aidan Steele aidan at aidans.org
Mon Dec 11 21:15:57 EST 2006

He wants to automate the process of enabling POP access to Gmail, not access
his Inbox via POP (which he can already do). That much said, a quick looksee
at the Google site shows no mention of an automated method of doing this.
That is not to say it is impossible, but it may be infeasible to do as one
would have to write login code et al just to be authorised to do it - using
one of the more advanced HTTP libraries, most likely.

Sorry I couldn't solve the problem directly, but maybe my clarification will
help someone who can. ;-)