merits of Lisp vs Python

philip.armitage at gmail.com philip.armitage at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:30:21 EST 2006

On Dec 10, 12:28 am, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:

>And that is why I will never write Lisp. I loathe Emacs.

Me too. So if that's what's stopping you then you might be interested
to hear that when I moved my free time programming from Python to Lisp
it took only a weekend to learn enough of the language to code up a
little Lisp editor. It's funny that I was able to do this given what
I've now learned from this thread:

- Lisp is only used for research (but I'm not an academic)
- Lisp is hard to learn (because of all those parenthesis)
- There's no practical libraries available (so how did I do it so
fast?)

Phil