Stupid email disclaimers (was: [unicode] inconvenient unicode conversion of non-string arguments)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 13 17:10:38 EST 2006

"Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch" <bj_666 at gmx.net> writes:

> In <mailman.1508.1166002784.32031.python-list at python.org>, Holger Joukl
> wrote:
> > [a meaningless disclaimer text at the bottom of every message]
>
> Maybe you should rethink if it really makes sense to add this huge
> block of "nonsense" to a post to a newsgroup or public mailing list.
> If it's confidential, just keep it secret.  ;-)

In all likelihood, the OP isn't choosing specifically to attach it;
these things are often done to *every* outgoing message at an
organisational level by people who don't think the issue through very
well.

    <URL:http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/>

Please, those with such badly-configured systems, discuss the issue of
public discussion forums with the boneheads who think these disclaimer
texts are a good idea and at least try to change that behaviour.

Alternatively, post from some other mail system that doesn't slap
these obnoxious blocks onto your messages.

--
 \     "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. |
  `\      There's a knob called 'brightness' but it doesn't work."  -- |