Driver selection

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Dec 9 00:35:41 EST 2006

On 9 dic, 00:53, "Stuart D. Gathman" <stu... at bmsi.com> wrote:
> The pyspf package [http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/pyspf/] can use
> either pydns, or dnspython.  The pyspf module has a simple driver
> function, DNSLookup(), that defaults to the pydns version.  It can be
> assigned to a dnspython version, or to a test driver for in memory DNS.
> Or you can modify the source to "from drivermodule import DNSLookup".
>
> What is the friendliest way to make this configurable?  Currently, users
> are modifying the source to supply the desired driver.  Yuck.  I would
> like to supply several drivers, and have a simple way to select one at
> installation or run time.

You can store the user's choice in a configuration file (like the ones
supported by ConfigParser).
Then you can put all the logic to select and import the right function
in a separate module, and export the DNSLookup name; make all the other
parts of the application say "from mymodule import DNSLookup"

--
Gabriel Genellina