array, a better shell

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 20 07:16:56 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano:
> No you're not. You're describing a quite complicated shell. You're
> describing a hypothetical shell with features other actual shells don't
> have, so therefore it can't possibly be as simple as possible.

You are right, it's not really simple, but:
- It has just the basic functionality that I think is important. Many
more features can be added, I too can list some of them, but I don't
think they are much important.
- It's very simple from the user point of view, because its usage
requires no new commands to remember :-) (beside shift-enter or
something similar to run a block).

Thank you for listening,
bye,
bearophile