PythonTidy

Chuck Rhode CRhode at LacusVeris.com
Sat Dec 2 09:01:08 EST 2006

Thomas Heller wrote this on Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 10:12:38PM +0100.  My reply is below.

> Here is part of a diff before and after running PythonTidy on it:
>
> <start>
> -        def comptr_setitem(self, index, value):
> -            # We override the __setitem__ method of the
> -            # POINTER(POINTER(interface)) type, so that the COM
> -            # reference count is managed correctly.
> +        def comptr_setitem(self, index, value):  # We override the __setitem__ method of the
> +                                                 # POINTER(POINTER(interface)) type, so that the COM
> +                                                 # reference count is managed correctly.
>
> Can this be customized?

I am able to rationalize why this happens, but you are correct: This
behavior is not appropriate.  I am testing several changes, one of
which should prevent it in all cases, obviating the need for a custom
switch.

--
.. Chuck Rhode, Sheboygan, WI, USA
.. 1979 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (Geraldine)