merits of Lisp vs Python

Lars Rune Nøstdal larsnostdal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 00:35:11 EST 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:38:30 -0800, Fuzzyman wrote:

> Lars Rune Nøstdal wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 03:07:09 -0800, Mark Tarver wrote:
>>
>> > How do you compare Python to Lisp?  What specific advantages do you
>> > think that one has over the other?
>> >
>> > Note I'm not a Python person and I have no axes to grind here.  This is
>> > just a question for my general education.
>> >
>> > Mark
>>
>> Kill this frakkin thread; Lisp rules -- while Python is boring (but better
>> than many other alternatives). E.O.F.
>>

> Perhaps only with the addendum that although 'Lisp roolz', no-one uses
> for anything of relevance anymore and it is continuing it's geriatric
> decline into obscurity. ;-)

Screw it; I'll die a "non-professional" programmer if I have to. Meanwhile
ridiculing and scorning all the fools using inferior languages. *hah!*

If I can't do what I love when it comes to programming I'd rather have a
shitty non-programming job that enables me to instantly forget what I've
been doing while at work as soon as I'm done for the day.

My trade -- my tools. :}

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/