INSERT statements not INSERTING when using mysql from python

Ben Benjamin.Barker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 06:09:32 EST 2006

I don't know whether anyone can help, but I have an odd problem. I have
a PSP (Spyce) script that makes many calls to populate a database. They
all work without any problem except for one statement.

I first connect to the database...

self.con = MySQLdb.connect(user=username, passwd =password)
self.cursor = self.con.cursor()
self.cursor.execute("SET max_error_count=0")

All the neccesary tables are created...

self.cursor.execute("CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS "+name)
self.cursor.execute("USE "+name)

self.cursor.execute("CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS networks (SM
varchar(20),DMC int,DM varchar(50),NOS int,OS varchar(50),NID
varchar(20))

Then I execute many insert statements in various different loops on
various tables, all of which are fine, and result in multiple table
entries. The following one is executed many times also. and seems
identical to the rest. The print statements output to the browser
window, and appear repeatedly, so the query must be being called
repeatedly also:

self.cursor.execute("INSERT INTO networks VALUES ('a',' "+i+"
','c','2','e','f','g')")

I have, for debugging, set "i" up as a counter variable.

No errors are given, but the only entry to appear in the final database
is that from the final execution of the INSERT statement (the last
value of i)

I suspect that this is to vague for anyone to be able to help, but if
anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful :-)

It occured to me that if I could access the mysql query log that might
help, but I was unsure how to enable logging for MysQL with python.

Cheers,

Ben