python vs java & eclipse

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:51:47 EST 2006

Amir  Michail escreveu:

> krishnakant Mane wrote:
> > just used the py dev plugin for eclipse.
> > it is great.
>
> But isn't support for java better because the eclipse ide can take
> advantage of explicit type declarations (e.g.,  for intellisense,
> refactoring, etc.)?
>
> Amir

The support for Java is light-years ahead. Sometimes I feel that
Eclipse is coding for me (quickfix, for instance). There's the fact
that Eclipse is developed in Java, so they are eating their own
dogfood.

That said, the code completion for Python is still in its early stages.
There is a lot of room for improvement, even for a dynamic language.

Stephen