Formatting a string to be a columned block of text

Leon peonleon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 07:14:27 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm creating a python script that can take a string and print it to the
screen as a simple multi-columned block of mono-spaced, unhyphenated
text based on a specified character width and line hight for a column.
For example, if i fed the script an an essay, it would format the text
like a newspaper on the screen. Text processing is very new to me, any
ideas on how I could achieve a multi-columned text formatter. Are there
any libraries that already do this?

Thanks and happy holidays!
Leon