The Famous Error Message: "ImportError: No module named python_script"

rich murphy RichardTRMurphy at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 01:44:56 EST 2006

Ben Finney wrote:
> "rich murphy" <RichardTRMurphy at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I am studying Python language.
>
> Welcome! Allow me to direct you to the Python tutorial:
>
>     <URL:http://docs.python.org/tut/>
>
> Please take the time to work through all the exercises in that
> document, understanding each one before moving on.
>
> I recommend this because:
>
> > I placed the the script called "python_script" in C:\Python25
> > directory where all the other Python files are.
>
> you would not make this mistake if you had already worked through the
> tutorial.

The tutorial says: "For instance, use your favorite text editor to
create a file called fibo.py in the current directory with the
following contents:"

So, I assumed "the current directory" is C:\Python25 which did not
work. Then I placed the fibo.py file in C: director. That did not work
either. What directory does it mean then?