loose methods: Smalltalk asPython

Jan Theodore Galkowski jtgalkowski at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 27 11:56:40 EST 2006

>Jan Theodore Galkowski <jtgalkowski at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>> Comments?  Suggestions?

><http://www.ruby-lang.org>

Luc, don't misunderstand: There's nothing at all wrong with Python nor
am I suggesting there is.  I'm just exploring how far I can go using its
dynamic nature.  There's no hope of using loose methods in Java.

I think Python is very fine although, arguably, because many are
approaching it from a Java strong-typing static mindset, I bet the space
of design possibilities hasn't been explored thoroughly.  We've not had
an excellent dynamic OO language since Smalltalk, IMO.  Perhaps Ruby is
or is not.  But I've looked a bit at Ruby, and I like Python more.

  - Jan