merits of Lisp vs Python

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 03:55:33 EST 2006

[Paddy]
>>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctest

[Kaz Kylheku]
> I pity the hoplelessly anti-intellectual douche-bag who inflicted this
> undergraduate misfeature upon the programming language.

As a blind misshapen dwarf, I get far too much pity as it is, but I
appreciate your willingness to share yours.  If you like, feel free to
give this precious gift to another.  I get the impression that pity is
something you don't feel often, and it would be a shame to waste it.

> This must be some unofficial patch that still has a hope of being shot
> down in flames, right?

Alas, no.  It was secretly snuck into Python's standard library in the
2.1 release (2001), and although we've done our best to hide it, it's
widely used now.  Strangely enough, it's especially popular among
intellectuals ;-)