Can a Tkinter GUI check for abort script:

Michael Yanowitz m.yanowitz at kearfott.com
Tue Dec 19 06:51:17 EST 2006

No. test3.py (for example) is just plain Python code that sends and receives
socket data
from another machine. It does (or could) contain loops that last a long
time, repeating
the read or write operations to and from the socket. This grabs the CPU.
   What I am hoping for is a function call I can make, without knowing any
of the
GUI objects, I can call from test3.py (or while test3.py is running) which
will
refresh the GUI and check for activity such as button presses on the GUI
itself.
  For example, if I just call sleep(), will it do this?

Thanks in advance:
Michael Yanowitz