DOS, UNIX and tabs

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 07:43:34 EST 2006

In <en0b4r$530$1 at registered.motzarella.org>, Felix Benner wrote:

> I like using tabs. And the style guide doesn't give a reason why one
> shouldn't and neither does the thread
> http://www.python.org/search/hypermail/python-1994q2/0198.html in the
> archive.
> So what's the point in typing four spaces for indentation instead of one
> tab?

You don't need to type four spaces.  Every decent editor lets you use the
Tab key and inserts the proper amount of spaces for you.  Same for
Backspace removing the proper amount of spaces to get to the previous
"tab stop".

There are plenty of "reasons" from both sides.  This is a religious issue,
so please search the net for answers and don't start another
flam^H^H^H^Hdebate here.  Please!

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch