Windows Authetication vs seperate process

imageguy1206 at gmail.com imageguy1206 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:24:55 EST 2006

I was wondering of someone could steer me in the right direction.

We have a package that we would like to "secure" so that only specific
individuals can access specific portions of the application.  Our
wxPython application will revolve around updating a central database
with information submitted from the app.  We will eventually have a web
front end fo rsome aspects of the app.

With several packages I have seen options to "Use Windows
Authentication", which seems to mean that "If the user has
authenticated and signed onto Windows, then our application will use
their windows userid and we will just focus on the the tasks within our
application the user is authorized to perform"

Does anyone have any experience using this type of authentication
scheme ?

Any related tips or suggestions ?

I have found a few wikipedia entries, but they seem to be more related
to webpages, etc.

Thanks.