wxPython help please

Jive Dadson notontheweb at noisp.com
Sat Dec 16 19:17:37 EST 2006

I hope someone can help me with a couple of wxPython questions, or point
me to the right newsgroup for the questions.

I am trying to modify the floatcanvas demo program.  I want to load an
image from a file (jpg or whatever), then do a kind of color-picker
action on it.

I haven't tried yet to figure out how to load the file.  Just for
starters, when I click on the canvas, I want to get the rgb pixel value
for the point under the cursor.  I can't for the life of me figure out
how to do it.  I suppose it begins with event.GetPosition(), but after
that I am at a loss.

The larger question is how to use wxPython.  It's got such fabulous
stuff, but every time I try to do anything with it, I eventually give up
  because I can't find adequate documentation.  I know very little about
graphics programming.

Please respond here.  Because of spammers, the email address is fake.

Thanks,
"Jive"