merits of Lisp vs Python

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Wed Dec 13 11:40:24 EST 2006

"George Sakkis" <george.sakkis at gmail.com> writes:

> Why is selecting a valid s-expression easier than selecting a python
> block ? If you mistakenly select an extra parenthesis or omit one, it's
> the same thing. Having said that, I find this problem is mostly
> academic in both languages with modern editors...

Or even nearly 30 year old editors; emacs provides support for
error-free selection of s-expressions, although to be frank I still
don't use them as often as I should.

Thanks to the joint efforts of OpenOffice, Mozilla, and a few others, Emacs
officially entered the category of lightweight utilities.    --kalifa on /.