Mod_python vs. application server like CherryPy?

Vincent Delporte justask at acme.com
Wed Dec 6 19:00:11 EST 2006

On 6 Dec 2006 14:55:58 -0800, "Graham Dumpleton"
<grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote:
>Although WSGI is an extreme case because of the level it pitches at,
>other systems such as CherryPy and Django aren't much different as they
>effectively duplicate a lot of stuff that could be achieved using more
>basic functionality of Apache as well.

Mmm... So how can I use those goodies from Apache? Just through their
configuration files, or do I have to somehow call them from Python?

Is the fact that Python developers tend to ignore resources in Apach
due to difficulties in making calls from Python, making the scripts
unpythonic?