rsync for python?

Mark Schoonover schoon at amgt.com
Thu Dec 28 16:50:23 EST 2006

nienfeng wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
>     I want to build rsync server that can run in linux and windows,
> and configure by python. So I'm looking for something like rsync for
>     python. I find rsync.py and pysync. But rsync.py looks like a
> client mode,
> it can't be a rsync server, is it? Can pysync be a rsync server?
>
> Thanks.... by nienfeng

If you need bi-directional sync, then Unison is pretty good. Rsync can run
in two modes, one of them using rsyncd. I've written up a page on how to
build an rsync server that will do hourly, daily and weekly snapshots for
multi-terabyte systems. I can't claim coming up with the original idea, it's
just what works well for me. http://marks-tech-pages.blogspot.com will give
you an example setup with scripts to use. Not developed in Python either...
Sorry if this has been hashed already, I've been out on vacation, and just
getting back to email.

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover
IS Manager
American Geotechnical
V: 858-450-4040 - F: 714-685-3909 - C: 858-472-3816

"Stop the Earth!! I want off!!"