pwinauto to remote automate a GUI ?

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 05:06:27 EST 2006

[baitelli]

| pywinauto is a set of python modules to automate the
| Microsoft Windows GUI.
| With the lines below we start and atomates the apllication Notepad:
|
| from pywinauto import application
| app = application.Application()
| app.start('C:\Notepad.exe')
|  ... pywinauto automation code
|
| Question: Is it possible to start and automate a remote GUI
| using Python?

One way might be to have something like
Pyro (http://pyro.sf.net) running on the
remote machine linked to a proxy on the local
machine.

TJG

Tim Golden
Senior Analyst Programmer
Viacom Outdoor Ltd, Camden Wharf, 28 Jamestown Road, London, NW1 7BY T: 020 7482 3000 F: 020 7267 4944
Email: Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk www.viacom-outdoor.co.uk

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. Viacom Outdoor Ltd reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct and appropriate use of Viacom Outdoor facilities.

http://www.star.net.uk