Cross-platform issue with wxRadioBox

cmcp mcphail_colin at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:55:49 EST 2006

eugene.gokhvat at gmail.com wrote:

> I have updated my script to use wx.RadioButton instead, which works
> perfectly on my mac again, but now the submit button doesn't show up on
> the pc and I can't click in the netid field on the pc either. any
> ideas?

I modified the __init__() method of class regFrame from your original
posting to create a wx.Panel as a child of self and then made all the
controls be children of this panel. Your app then seemed to work OK on
Windows XP. Using a wx.Panel to hold the content of a frame is a
standard wxPython idiom. I find reading the wxPython demo source is a
very useful way to learn this sort of thing.

HTH,
-- CMcP