[ANN] PyInstaller 1.3 released

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Dec 21 09:10:01 EST 2006

Robin Becker wrote:
> Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>> yeah that's pretty cryptic. It's a known bug which I need to come around
>> and fix it. Anyway, the message itself is harmless: if the program then
>> exits, there is *another* problem.
>>
>> If you want to help with that, you could enable the console+debug mode
>> and see what the traceback is. I'd be very glad to fix the problem for you.
>
> No problem I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

OK I found the problem. First off I still see this message about

msvcr71.dll could not be extracted!

in the debug output.

Secondly I found that the icon I specified in the Makespec.py invocation is
actually being added to the distribution exe. I actually want to put the icon
onto the running Tk app.

We're using this code to do that

self.tk.call('wm','iconbitmap', self._w, '-default', 'rptlabw.ico')

ie it's assumed that the icon has been extracted into the runtime folder.

I guess I either need to put the icon in as a resource or figure out some way to
   find the original exe and extract the icon from it.
--
Robin Becker