Windows upgrade incomplete

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Thu Dec 21 12:04:58 EST 2006

I've a few versions of Python on my XP PC, most recently Python 2.5.
The file associations appear not to have been upgraded.  Executing a
.py file turned out to still be using 2.3.

>assoc .py
.py=Python.File

>ftype Python.file
Python.file=D:\PROGRA~1\Python23\python.exe "%1" %*

Presumably if I'd uninstalled the old Python first I'd have not seen
this.

I've amended my file type associations and all is now well.  Someone
might care to look at the installer.  I've used the MSIs since 2.4.
--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent