merits of Lisp vs Python

Wade Humeniuk whumeniu+anti+spam at telus.net
Sun Dec 10 13:07:59 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> But I also gained a little more insight into why Lispers love their
> language. I've learnt that well-written Lisp code isn't as hard to read as
> I remembered, so I'd just like to withdraw a comment I made early in the
> piece. I no longer believe that Lisp is especially strange compared to
> natural languages.
>
> Anyway, real life catches up on me, and so I must drop out of this thread.
> May it not last for ever.

And I have heard why Pythonistas like their language.  They can get things
accomplished in it.  The best positive feedback is success.  You can get
lost in theoretical, metaphorical discussions about computer languages.
It is frustrating and in many cases pointless.

As for why you have seen conflicting answers and, yes, sometimes hostile
life where I do not need to be right.