array, a better shell

Wed Dec 20 06:53:51 EST 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 03:44:25 -0800, bearophileHUGS wrote:

> For array.array "B" means unsigned char, and such arrays accept to be
> initialized from (str) strings too, this is quite useful:

> But it seems such capability isn't shared with the append:

[snip]

> I like a lot the Python shell, it helps me in many different
> situations. I have tried some Python shells:
> - the vanilla one from DOS
> - the one from ActivePython IDE
> - the one from SPE
> - ipython from a DOS shell
>
> But none of them has what I'd like.

Is there a shortage of bytes, that Usenet posts about completely different
topics have to message-pool?

Did you have any questions, or were you just talking to yourself?

[snip]

> (Such interactive sessions can be saved too, and loaded again (they
> become complex documents), but such ability isn't necessary into a
> bare-bone shell that I am describing now. I am describing something as
> simple as possible).

No you're not. You're describing a quite complicated shell. You're
describing a hypothetical shell with features other actual shells don't
have, so therefore it can't possibly be as simple as possible. Perhaps
what you meant to say was "the bare-minimum I consider worth using"?

--
Steven.