Parsing data from pyserial

Si Ballenger shb*NO*SPAM* at comporium.net
Sun Dec 3 21:37:17 EST 2006

On 3 Dec 2006 17:33:59 -0800, "John Machin"
<sjmachin at lexicon.net> wrote:

>In any case, I wouldn't call that "the appropriate data is being
>received" -- looks like chunks missing to me.

Well, below is the posted expected return data format from the
cam and below that is what has been reported to be returned from
the cam when it is polled, which appears to be a fairly
reasonable match. I assume that each xxx is a decimal number
repersenting a single byte. In the binary mode each x in the
string might be considered a byte in itelf and possibly evaluated
as such. Anyhow it should be easy to see if the received string
can be parsed on it own correctly when not being received via the
serial port. That would start to narrow down where something not
understood is comming into play.

M xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
M 37 79 3 4 59 124 86 25