merits of Lisp vs Python

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Sun Dec 17 18:46:58 EST 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:05:06 -0500
Kirk Sluder <kirk at nospam.jobsluder.net> wrote:

#> And there is something that is missing here in arguing about computer
#> language notations in relationship to human language readability, or
#> correspondence to spoken language. I'm not writing code for another
#> human, I'm writing code for a machine. Often, the optimum expression
#> of an mathematical concept for a machine is relatively baroque
#> compared to the optimum expression for a human being.

Well, the memorable quote from "Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs" states that "Programs should be written for people to read,
and only incidentally for machines to execute."

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.