Shed Skin - Does it break any Python assumptions?

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Dec 18 12:24:11 EST 2006

Jean-Paul Calderone:
> So yes, it seems that what ShedSkin supports is pretty distant from what
> a seasoned Python developer might expect, aside from syntactic constructs.

At the moment SS doesn't allow to change the type of a variable during
its lifetime, but SS is a moving target, maybe in the (far) future it
will split it into two variables...
I'm sure Mark likes to receive practical suggestions on how to improve
SS to make it closer to Python. (And I think he likes to receive
patches too, but usually it's better for people to start from simpler
things, like speeding up a lib written with C++, etc).

Bye,
bearophile