tuple.index()

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Sat Dec 16 07:55:47 EST 2006

Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
> "Inhomogenous" in some meaning of the word --> tuple

I think that you have nailed it here. I don't think anyone on this list
is capable of giving a "concrete" (as you have put it) operational
definition of "inhomogenous". They will resort to use cases and thus
cloud the definition with programming philosophy.

So, programming philosophy, whether it will be admitted or not, is fully
responsible for the exclusion of index() from the tuple interface.

But perhaps we could take "not necessarily homogenous" to be the
operational definition of "inhomogenous". Of course then we would have
to define necessary...

James