Is there a way to push data into Ical from Python ?

has has.temp3 at virgin.net
Mon Dec 18 11:38:44 EST 2006

dwhall wrote:

> One way would be to use
> Python's tie-ins to Applescript_ and apple events (AE).  As you will
> read, this support isn't as strong as it used to be.

What gave you that impression, if you don't mind my asking?

It's true that Python's built-in application scripting support
(aetools+gensuitemodule) has become increasingly broken on OS X and
should be avoided. Third-party support has been continually improving
over the last few years, however, and these days is pretty much on-par
with AppleScript in terms of functionality. See
<http://appscript.sourceforge.net> for more information and downloads.

> Another idea that would require more effort, but earn you some hacker
> points, is to use PyObjC_ and access iCal's public programming
> interface.

The CALCore framework is private in OS X 10.4, so the usual disclaimers
apply w.r.t. using that. See <http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?CALCore>
for a basic example of use. Scuttlebutt says there'll be a public iCal
framework in 10.5, although that won't help the OP right now unless
they're a paid-up ADC member.

has
--
http://appscript.sourceforge.net