CGI script running not completely in HTML

Tim tim at zoominternet.net
Thu Aug 17 16:24:41 EDT 2006

Yong Wang wrote:
> Hi, All:
>     I have written a python CGI script to run in html web page. When I access to
> the html page, it only runs part of the script, then abort because the late part of
> the script is involved in database access, it is slow. I wonder whether there is
> a way to control html running speed so that it can wait for CGI script to complete
> execution, then write the results to html page ?
>     Thanks a lot .
>
>       Yong

Yong,

Are you reffering to your browser connection to web server timing out
waiting for query to complete?

I had some long running scripts that would do that so I used a timer
thread to print comments to the browser  IE: <!-- keep alive -->.  Brute
force approach but it worked using IE with apache.  If I remember right
you have to call sys.stdout.flush() to force the write over socket to
happen right away.

Tim