How ahead are you guys in the (Python) real world?

Ray ray_usenet at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 23:34:37 EDT 2006

Jorge Vargas wrote:
> for ones 2.5 is not consider production code yet so noone should be
> running anything on it. same with 1.6.

Yes, certainly, in fact in a lot of companies I've worked for the
criteria for upgrading is when the Vendor is about to stop supporting
it :) But are there many companies using Python 2.4 even now though, I
wonder?

> on the java side my company is still stuck at 1.4, some prod servers
> ar 1.3 :) , and my branch moved to 1.5 like 2 months ago. but again I
> wont  use anything that is in release candidates for production. but
> thats just me

Nah, not just you, at work we'd be equally cautious as well. Which
feels funny sometimes because publications and magazines will start
discussing Java 1.6 even now and we know that it's still probably at
least 3-4 years away before we get to use it at work.