wxGlade and __init__

Tim N. van der Leeuw tnleeuw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 18:54:18 EDT 2006

crystalattice wrote:
> I'm making a GUI for a console-based program I just wrote.  I figured
> it would be mostly straight forward to convert it over in wxPython but
> now I'm confused.

Hi Crystalattice,

One thing you could do is make your original console-program a subclass
of the wxGlade-generated GUI.

Another thing you could do is to keep the original console program code
intact, and to make the GUI program create an instance of your original
console program, and call it.

You can modify to some extent the code generated by wxGlade, or you can
subclass it (which is what I do, following advice found on this list).

Good luck,

--Tim