text editor suggestion?

mystilleef mystilleef at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 08:03:10 EDT 2006

http://scribes.sourceforge.net/

Flash Demo: http://scribes.sourceforge.net/snippets.htm

GIF Demo: http://www.minds.may.ie/~dez/images/blog/scribes.html

Scribes is simple, slim, sleek and fast. It has no learning curve and
conveys a no nonsense approach to text editing. You won't need to edit
configuration files in lisp, read manuals or sacrifice your unborn
grand daugther to the geek goddesses. It's also written in Python. Some
people have described it as TextMate for Linux.

Version 0.3 will be released in few days and will feature

- remote editing
- a document browser to show all files opened by the editor
- recent files menu
- more steriods...