Python and STL efficiency

Amanjit Gill amanjit.singh.gill at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:45:53 EDT 2006

> I was using VC++.net and IDLE, respectively. I had expected C++ to be
> way faster. However, while the python code gave the result almost

- This code runs amortized 100ms on my machien (vc.net 2003 pro,
dinkumware stl, p4m 2.2GHz thinkpad, windows 2003 server), (10 loops in
1000ms)
- with STLPort 5.2, this code runs in 39-43ms (10 loops in 390ms ->
430ms).

a. did you compile in release mode? and if yes, vc.net _standard_
edition has no optimizing compiler in release mode, you need vc.net pro
or enterprise. or did you use  vc.net 2005 ?

you should also include <algorithm> for ostream_operator.