Getting previous file name

Hitesh hitesh287 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:52:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a small script here that goes to inside dir and sorts the file
by create date. I can return the create date but I don't know how to
find the name of that file...
I need file that is not latest but was created before the last file.
Any hints... I am newbiw python dude and still trying to figure out lot
of 'stuff'..

import os, time, sys
from stat import *

def walktree(path):
    test1 = []
    for f in os.listdir(path):
            filename = os.path.join(path, f)
            create_date_sces = os.stat(filename)[ST_CTIME]
            create_date = time.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S",
time.localtime(create_date_sces))
            print create_date, " ....." , f
            test1.append(create_date)
    test1.sort()
    print test1
    return test1[-2]

if __name__ == '__main__':
	path = '\\\\srv12\\c$\\backup\\my_folder\\'
	prev_file = walktree(path)
	print "Previous back file is ", prev_file

Thank you,
hj