Out-dated compiled modules (*.pyc)?

Anastasios Hatzis ah at hatzis.de
Sat Aug 26 11:33:22 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

how can I prevent Python from adding or using *.pyc files if executing a
Python module? I have the strong feeling that the interpreter uses
out-dated pyc file instead more recent py files. At least I already had
some cases where application behaviour changed only by removing the
*.pyc files from the app directory, and in all these cases I interpreted
the difference in code changes I already saved in py files but which had
no effect before removing their pyc versions. I'm not very happy on
deleting pyc files before each execution.

I know there is an -o option for turning on optimization (pyo). In doc I
could not found a hint to an option to turn off pyc compilation -- or at
least forcing the interpreter to use py files only.

I'm working with Python 2.4.2 on WinXP, Eclipse 3.2 with PyDev 1.2.2

Thanks for your help!

Anastasios