Pros/Cons of Turbogears/Rails?

Jaroslaw Zabiello hipertracker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 12:53:47 EDT 2006

On 31 Aug 2006 08:24:29 -0700, Adam Jones wrote:

> In moving to SQLAlchemy it would pick up not only a migration system but
> also a much more flexible abstraction system due to the use of a Data
> Mapper pattern instead of the Active Record pattern.

What is the advantage of Data Mapper? I cannot find..

>> And last but not least, TG is based on poor, unstable and buggy
>> CherryPy server. We had huge problems with CherryPy. I think that
>> Django or Pylons are much better frameworks. IMO TG is no competition
>> for Rails at all. The only real competition is Django or Pylons.
>
> I have never had much in the way of problems with CherryPy. From what I
> have heard the project has made a lot of improvements recently, so it
> may have changed since you last took a look at it.

We have created two quite big sites in CheerryPy in past and we have many
issues with its bad implementation. Sessions were useless, forks were
removed from early code without any warning. Maybe now it is better, but I
have lost any confidence in CherryPy quality.

--
Jarosław Zabiełło
http://blog.zabiello.com