all ip addresses of machines in the local network

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Aug 24 15:12:50 EDT 2006

tobiah <st at tobiah.org> wrote:

> I am a member of another list that has at least one member
> who has lost his vision, and reads his news with a speech
> generator.  It is terribly inconvenient for him to follow
> a thread full of 'bottom postings', as he is then forced to
> sit through the previous message contents again and again
> in search of the new content.

Yes, that's why it's also recommended to *remove all lines you're not
replying to*. A full quote is always annoying (unless it's really needed
to get some context, which is in general rare).

Not only people with a vision problem will be thankful for that. Like I
recommended to *read* on top posting, instead of repeating myths that are
made up by people who are ignorant.

Simple recipe:
http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2006/04/11/how-to-reply.html

I am sure that people with a vision problem who jump into the thread
prefer a small context over listening "upside down" to get some context, I
mean:

A: top posting
Q: what is the most annoying thing on Usenet

Now imagine that Q is quote after quote after qoute because a hand ful of
lazy clueless bastards want to save time.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/