refering to base classes

Jan Niklas Fingerle usenet-2004 at lithe.de
Wed Aug 30 19:17:21 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers <onurb at xiludom.gro> wrote:
> I suppose "this" refers to the use of super() ? If so, I wouldn't say
> it's "superior", but it can be helpful with complex inheritence scheme

... which aren't anywhere in sight. Don't start using super() until you
need diamond shape inheritance (not counting object as base) and
can be sure that *all* involved classes use super().

While I don't agree with the word "harmful", googling for "python",
"super" and "harmful" will give you deeper insights to this (and
GvR's reaction, too).

Cheers,
  --Jan Niklas