How to get hours and minutes from 'datetime.timedelta' object?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:23:19 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:
> 1. If that's what he wanted, it was a very peculiar way of asking. Do
> you suspect that he needs to be shown how to conver 877.7... minutes
> into hours, minutes and seconds???

Chill dude, It wasn't an attack :-)

The datetime class has hour, minute and second attributes that give the
values of each as being in range(24) (hours) and range(60). i.e.
integers. So an educated guess leads me to the conclusion that it is
similar functionality that he wants from the timedelta class.

> 2. Please consider that the order of the result would be more
> conventionally presented as (hours, minutes, seconds) -- or do you

Very good point. That would have been a tricky issue for the OP, and
for that I apologise.

> suspect that the OP needs it presented bassackwards?

I think that you have that last word muddled. Not quite ass-backward,
but close ;-)