Send to all clients using UDP in Twisted

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 20 19:17:53 EDT 2006

Elliot Hughes wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I am trying to right a server that can receive a message
> and send it to all clients using UDP on twisted. I have got it so far
> that it can echo to the client that sent the message but not to the
> rest. I tried using multicast but that requires almost total rewrite,
> and the client which is not in python can't handle it. Are there any
> alternative methods or a workaround?
>
> Thanks alot for your time!

Depends on you network topology and infrastructure, one possible option
is that if the clients are on the same subnet you could send it to the
broadcast address, however that wouldn't make your netadmin happy, if he
didn't filter broadcast in the first place (many switches default filter
that).

--
mph