looking for a simple way to load a program from another python program..

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Mon Aug 14 20:25:39 EDT 2006

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> At Sunday 13/8/2006 16:51, Eric_Dexter at msn.com wrote:
>
> >     I was looking for a simple way to load a simple python program from
> >another python program.
> >
> >I tried
> >
> >os.system(cabel)
> >
> >The file name is cabel.py a csound instrument editor..
> >
> >NameError: global name 'cabel' is not defined
>
> Have you tried os.system("cabel.py")

That did not seem to work, os.startfile worked great.  I haven't tried
passing commands to csound with it yet but maybe os.sytem will work
better with that than it did python since I got the idea to use that to
pass arguments  to them from a csound example.  won't have time until
this weekend to try that though, or the exec(file)..

http://www.stormpages.com/edexter/csound.html