Problem of function calls from map()

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 28 01:28:57 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>

>>Well I guess if people wanted to argue for keeping the functionals this
>>should be on the list ...
>

> who's arguing ?

Please note that word "if", but you are surely aware that there havebeen
suggestions that Python's functional programming aspects aren't
mainstream and should therefore be ditched.

> is this perhaps a little like the "now that we have lexical scoping, the default
> argument object binding trick is no longer needed" myth ?

Could be. Removing that feature would also be a mistake.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119