Reinstalling Python Problem (Newbie)

Avell Diroll avelldiroll at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 1 12:12:44 EDT 2006

beno wrote:
> It's been years since I've done this. I had a programmer working for me
> who disappeared one day, and now I'm taking over his responsibilities. I
> need to re-configure Apache for mod_python which means I have to rebuild
> python. I'm working with the latest distro. I'm heavily dependent on
> zope, so all this has to work together. Platform is FreeBSD 5.? I have
> the following questions:
>
> What is meant by pointing to this folder thus:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/python
>
> When I run make test I get these errors:

*** errors ***
> I've googled this with no luck. Please advise what to do or at least how
> to start
> TIA,
> beno

I believe this is not the best place to ask your question, ...
you should try :
* some freebsd resources (e.g. http://www.freebsd.org/community.html )

A few google hints anyway :
http://www.google.com/search?q=freebsd+mod_python+zope&hl=en :
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-1390.html
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-June/015722.html
http://codespeak.net/pipermail/railroad-dev/2005-April/000049.html
http://www.modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq02.011.htp

I don't have any freebsd system right now so I can't test anything, but
there's two suggestions from those resources :

* put the following lines in /usr/local/sbin/envvars :
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libc_r.so
export LD_PRELOAD

OR

* compile python without thread support

There seems to be those kind of question on the mod_python mailing list
(even on their FAQ), so I would _strongly_ suggest you to post your next
questions about mod_python there.

regards

Avell