Python daemon process

Thomas Dybdahl Ahle thomas at localhost.localdomain
Tue Aug 29 09:55:25 EDT 2006

I might not have made myself very clear, since you both got me wrong.
What I need, is not a method to terminate a process, but a way to
terminate a process when the main process dies.

>From the atexit module info:
Note: the functions registered via this module are not called when the
program is killed by a signal, when a Python fatal internal error is
detected, or when os._exit() is called.

I belive that there is noway you can be sure to get a piece of code run,
if the program crashes or something like that,
therefor I ask for a way to run gnuchess as a kind of subprocess, that can
only run when the parrentprocess is still running.

I know this is called a daemon thread in java.

--
Programmers should realize their critical importance and responsibility in a
world gone digital. They are in many ways similar to the priests and monks of