semi-Newbie question

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri Aug 11 20:20:20 EDT 2006

In article <1155268855.612545.108870 at h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
len <lsumnler at gmail.com> wrote:
			.
>I have done some more reading and I think the code I need is as
>follows;
>
>mycode = "TagToSQL['mySQLfieldname'] = Tagfile['Value']"
>exec mycode
>
>This is very new to me because I don't believe this can be done in a
>compiled language or at least not as easily as in an interpeted
>language like Python.
>
>I hope this clarifies the problem
			.
			.
			.
I don't understand how

  TagToSQL[mySQLfieldname] = Tagfile[Value]

fails to meet requirements that

  mycode = "TagToSQL['mySQLfieldname'] = Tagfile['Value']"
  exec mycode

satisfies.

This thread confuses me.  Maybe you already have all the answers
you seek.  If not, I recommend that you simplify--perhaps work
through a single example datum in detail.  In the meantime, I
applaud your judgment that you can achieve what you're after with
table lookups and such rather than the thousand-way if-else at
which you hinted at least once.