sending mailing list with smtplib

3KWA eugene at boardkulture.com
Wed Aug 16 01:26:05 EDT 2006

Filip Salomonsson wrote:

> You can reuse your message object, but you need to delete the old
> header before setting a new one:
>
> <http://docs.python.org/lib/module-email.Message.html#l2h-3843>

Thanks!

I am only an occasional Python programmer (love it though). I guess it
is the first time I faced a case where what I thought the code would do
from reading it didn't match what the code is effectively doing i.e.

msg['To']=email1 appending to the header instead of setting the To
field to email. The way my brain works if I wanted to have several
recipient I would have done something like msg['To'].append(email2).

Just for education purposes  (mine I guess :P) what was the idea behind
that design decision?

Thanks again for your assistance,

EuGeNe