Installed correctly

Ray ray at addr.invalid
Sun Aug 13 08:57:28 EDT 2006

I've just installed Python 2.4.3 on windows 2000. On the download page
it says that if python is installed the version number will be
displayed if you enter "python" in a command line window, but that
does not happen - it just says "unrecognized command". Rebooting does
not help.

So is it correctly installed? I installed it under "program
files/python" instead of the default location C:\python, since I don-t
like to have the root of C: cluttered with stuff, are there any
problems with this?